Wednesday, September 26, 2018

VI.Summary and Suggestion


VI. Summary and Suggestion

6.1 Purpose of Practicum
-          To enable the practicum student teachers to develop teaching skills and pedagogy.
-          To encourage the practicum student teachers to practice English skils.
-          To allow the practicum student teachers to gain a broader regional and world wide view.
-          To compare the similarities and differences of educational system in other country.

6.2  Procedures of Practicum
The procedure during practicum includes class observation, team teaching, teaching practice, and evaluation and reflection. The class observation held on the first week, after observation the student’s teacher have to write a reproduced lesson plan for every meeting. The team teaching held on the second week, in this period the student’s teacher together with the cooperating teacher should have a cooperate teaching. In this case, the student’s teacher should handle the laboratory activity, including handled the pre-lab and main activity, and the the cooperating teacher handled the post-lab. For the teaching practice, held on third week. The student’s teacher should make Five lesson plan with different topics and should teaching in whole days before the reflection by the supervisor. The supervisor observed two times with different topics. The fourth week the supervisor gave the evaluation for the student’s teacher performance.
6.3 Outcomes of Practicum
-          Teaching experience.
-          Class management.
-          Improve English skills.
-          A Reproduced Lesson Plan.
-          Lesson Plan.
-          Portfolio.
-          Self Report.
6.4 The Challenges of Practicum
The challenges that happen in BCNHS is in the class management, with 50 students in each class, the SEA Teacher have to make a louder voice, a bigger handwriting in the board, call the different students for recitation, manage their noisy voice, and also prevent them to cheating with the others, it because of the number of the students in every class. For personally, it’s hard to adapt in the different culture and education system in case in Phlippines because that is really difference with Indonesia’s system.
6.5 Overall Impression
SEAMEO SEA Teacher is good program that give us good experience. As a SEA Teacher student teacher really make me thought that to be a teacher is not easy. For the first after knowing I was selected for this program, I felt so nervous because I realized that my student in Philippine used English as second language. It means that they common used english in their real life. It is really different for me, my country use English as Foreign Language. Then this program is  precious moments for me cause I must teach chemistry using english. In this program by learning I am teaching and  by teaching I am learning. Give an education to others make me feel that I havo keep being a learner for the rest of my life. I wish I will be the one who to become the future educators of future generations. For other impression, in making a lesson plan, we have to present the values and application of the lesson for each meeting. It can make a good lesson for students that everything that learns is related to their real life. Also, the students showed the respect to a SEA Teacher student teacher, respect with greeting, listen when the SEA Teacher teaching as like the real teacher, friendly, and many other things.
Finally, this is the best way that God gave to me and I am not regretting anything here. I am really grateful to be here as an exchange students. I have learned a lot of things that made me more mature, especially open my mind wider. Since I stay in Philippines for one month, I have already know more about myself, how my strengths and my weakness, and how does it feel when we out of the comfort zone. I have fight and learned hard to get a best scores and experiences, I am so grateful that God gave me the best result and I always believe that the fight, effort, and patience will gain the best result.
6.6 Suggestion for Future Improvement
The most important in this program is as the exchange students we should respect all kind of culture, education system, and the way people communicate there. For the suggestion the SEA Teacher students teacher can implemented all the positively teaching experiences from other country including how to be a good teacher, how to manage the class, how to make a best quality lesson plan, and many other things. Can compare of both countries about the system of education and get the positive thing that can implemented in sending country and also can improve the English skills and pedagogy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

MY BLOG ACTIVITIES IN BAGUIO CITY NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL

Student Teacher’s name   : Sukaina Adibi Home University : University Of Bengkulu Host University : Saint Louis University Receivin...